Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Case Study 1

The subject's name and specific have been changed for privacy.

A woman approached me after one of my hypnosis classes. Her name was June. I was getting to know her very well as time went on and she was a very interesting character. She was a practicing Bhudist but I could tell something was preventing her from achieving and inner peace.

The first thing that I noticed was a distinct finger tapping when she was in trance. One of the first thing a hypnotist learns is that when you see certain kinds of movements, something big is going on inside that person. It was the tip of the iceberg.

She came over to my house a few days later for our hypnosis session. When someone comes to you to be hypnotized for a problem, you don't just jump into putting that person into trance. You talk to them for a little while. The first thing I usually ask is, "So, what are you hear for." That way you can hear in their words the problem they want to to solve. Usually you can find out in the first 90 second what the problem is.
The rest of the time they talk is just filler for you to pick up on a few details and gain their trust.

Anyway, I asked her what she thought the finger tapping was. She replied that it was a defiance from childhood. I asked her when she thought that this defiance occured, and she thought it occured around the first grade.

I had enough information to begin the hypnosis part of the session. I took a slow approach and put her into a deep trance. I next brought her memories back to the first grade with a memory regression technique. She then told me a story of her being embarrassed in front of class by her teacher. When she went home, her father agreed with the teachers actions.

To make a long story short, this lead to a defiance against her father and the system as a whole. I found this very interesting because to show defiance to a person or idea, you point your finger at them.

Removing this problem was actually pretty easy. I memory regressed back to her first birthday. It was before she had this defiance and her thoughts were very pure. With the feelings of defiance out of her system, I had her imagine me doing some spring cleaning with every part of her body, one at a time (she liked to clean). After it was all finished, her finger tapping disappeared. It has yet to reappear. She also seems to be more free and is well on her way toward her personal enlightment through her religion!

No comments: